The air conditioning in my car as well as my home stopped working in early June. To my own surprise, I chose not to have either one repaired - knowing that if I did, I would keep the air conditioning running all summer long, driving up my electric bill at a time when I need to conserve and keep expenses down.
I tried this for one day, then one week and now it's been almost 3 months of living a new and different way during the hot and sultry summer months.
My Sultry Summer Survival tips
- slow down and take everything at a much slower pace
- wear very loose breathable all cotton or linen clothing
- take many warm showers - the hot air feels cooler after a warm shower
- use fans generously with one or two fans in each room of the house
- place fans on or very near the windows at night to blow in the cooler night air - the house cools down a lot by morning
- do not run window fans on very hot days - this will only bring the hot air in but do use other fans inside each room
- keep blinds or shades drawn during the day to keep out the hot sun
- cook and clean only in the very early morning or very late night hours when it's much cooler
- reheat or microwave meals quickly during the day or just eat a lot of salads and other raw foods
- keep the ice-cube trays filled and use ice liberally in water and other drinks
- drink lots of water to replenish the water lost through perspiration
Small Business Web Design and SEO
Affordable SEO Web Design Packages